Backing up a bit, my very FIRST diaper purchase was a handful of Pocket Change diapers. When I mentioned to a friend that I was going to start using cloth diapers, she sent me two Pocket Change to keep! These were by far top-of-our-stash-favorite diapers. So, after 3+ years, these diapers had seen better days. The elastic was totally shot in these diapers. I wasn't too terribly worried with my toddler's poo, but my youngest was going to need them soon and I just didn't trust the mainly breastfed poo in these loosey goosey diapers!
Being a fan of Lauren's Little Lovies on Facebook for some time, I was browsing her Etsy shop and noticed she did diaper repair.
A few conversations later and this big box of diapers:
was headed to sunshiny Florida!
The box included:
- 6 BumGenuis 3.0 that Lauren was going to convert to snaps
- 5 Pocket Change that Lauren was going to replace front, back and thigh elastic
- 1 Thirsties Cover that was velcro that Lauren was going to attempt to convert to snaps
- 1 Pocket Change that had a "wonky snap" (snap broke) - Lauren was going to fix this as well.
She emailed me while she was working on the Pocket Change elastic and asked if I dried my diapers in the dryer or by hanging. My guilty conscience made me feel like a little kid getting sent to the principal's office. I responded, "I try to air dry as often as possible, but with two in diapers....it's just hard...."
And then she sent me this:
That's not poop on the diaper.
That's burnt elastic.
From drying diapers in a dryer!
Convicted. For sure. I felt so bad about what I had done to my diapers! I've done a much better job since that picture of air drying diapers (helps when it is 80+ degrees outside, hehe, but I've tried to be diligent about hanging inside even on not so nice outside days).
Then, I noticed a bright cheery picture on Lauren's facebook page:
My gorgeous diapers! I couldn't believe the color! (made up for the sad, dying elastic for sure!)
Before I knew it, my box of diapers returned from sunny Florida to not-so-sunny-at-the-time North Carolina...Bliss!
The half dozen BumGenius converted to snaps:
It screams spring!
The Thirsties cover converted to snaps - it works great, but looks like a lot of work went into making it usable as a snap diaper:
The Pocket Change with the wonky snap repaired!
And life returned to the 5 Pocket Change...and no more dryer time (unless I'm in a hurry!)
If you have some diapers that are in need of a bit more life, please visit Dandy Diaper Repair! Be sure to check out the discount page as well if you have a huge order to repair or are worried about cost! Lauren was fantastic to work with and I have her address saved (hehe) for when we need the next batch of diapers repaired!
Thank you Lauren for, as you said, "breathing new life" into our sad diapers! If you're ready to get your diapers repaired, head right here to inquire more info!
You can also find Dandy Diaper Repair on Facebook - be sure to stop by, say hello and that Cloth Diaper Addiction sent you!
Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review, nor did I receive any form compensation. I paid for these repairs out of my own pocket and want to tell the world what an awesome job Laura did!