First, the variegated yarn she used, I drool over all day...the colors. Sigh.
The waist is drawstring, so they work perfectly on my larger thighed/skinny waisted guy. And the length -- he looks like a lil surfer dude ;)
I love pairing the shorties with a prefold for playtime for some serious breathability. For this particular photo, I had paired it with a fitted because it was almost nap time. The rise is great and covers all of the fitted/prefold keeping everything nice and dry.
I got brave and actually ventured to a chiropractor's appointment with Caedmon in wool a few weeks ago. I don't know why I was nervous to venture out in wool, we never have any leak issues at home...but the conversations these shorts started was great! I got to talk to so many new and soon-to-be mamas about cloth and how easy wool really is (and not to be afraid of it for 3+ years like I was!!) Sara sent fantastic instructions on lanolizing wool (even though I know how to do it, I like having the instructions in front of me and these were by far the best I've had!)
A little bit of info about Sara, the mom behind the business:
- Sara was taught by her grandmother how to crochet when she was 6 years old
- She thought crocheting and selling things would be a great way to offset her income loss when she made the decision to stay home with her children
- She can crochet just about anything, but don't ask her to knit! She has tried many, many times and only ends up with a knotted mess.
- Also, don't ask her to take care of houseplants :) She claims she has killed nearly every kind of plant, including chia pets!
- Sara has 3 beautiful daughters, who are 6, 4 and 1 years old. She says, "They are the reason I wake up every morning and I love them with every breath of life in my body. The older 2 are learning to crochet as well...I am married to the most amazing man on the planet. He's my best friend and the best husband and father I could ever imagine. He works his butt off so I can stay home."
Sara has offered a 10% discount through her shop using the code "WAHMmonth10". Happy shopping!!! This code is good through August 31, 2011.
Disclaimer: I received one pair of wool shorties in conjunction with WAHM Month for review. All opinions are my own and you may have a different experience.