Today's Monday Mommy is Wendy! If you would like to be featured as a Monday Mommy please visit our facebook page and look under the discussion tab for more information!
1. Tell us a little about yourself, where you are located, how many kids you have, little ones in cloth, etc.-
- My name is Wendy, I'm 27 years old and I have just one daughter, Mason, who just turned 8 months old. We live right outside Seattle, WA.
2. What made you decide to give cloth diapers a try?
- At first, cloth diapering was a way to be save money. The upfront cost was greater but in the long run it made so much more sense. But after she was born, it wasn't really about the money anymore because you get sooo addicted to trying every single different kind. It became about what was really best and more natural against her new skin.
3. What did your family and friends think when you told them you were going to use cloth? What did they think when they seen the new modern diapers available?
- Everyone, except my sister, thought I had lost my mind. I had to explain that it wasn't plastic pants and pins anymore--although I thought it was too when the idea to use cloth came to me (and I was actually willing to pin). When I showed them the modern diaper they were all so shocked but rinsing poop still was a huge issue for them.
4. What was your very first cloth diaper? Do you still use it?
- The first diapers we used were unbleached organic cotton prefolds and Thirsties covers with aplix. We don't use those exact ones anymore because they are too small but we use prefolds and covers still when we run out of pockets.
5. What type of diapers does your stash primarily consist of; pockets, aio, one size, pre-folds, flats, hybrids, etc.? Which ones do you prefer to use? The first one you grab?
- My stash is mostly pockets (FuzziBunz) and then prefolds/snap Thirsties Duo wraps when I run out of pockets. I also have 3 Thirsties fitteds that I am liking more and more. I usually grab pockets first, especially if I am going somewhere. I love prefolds but they take up more room in the diaper bag.
6. Do you have a favorite place to hang out and talk or learn about cloth ; a blog, message board, facebook page, etc.?
- I (heart) Fluff is one of my favorites. Cloth Diaper Addiction is one of my new favorites =)
7. What cloth diapering item, besides diapers, do you consider to be a must-have accessory?
- Wet bags. I have 3--one for pockets, one for prefolds and one for the diaper bag.
8. Do you have any special ways to wash or strip your diapers?
- I use RockinGreen religiously (because it rinses completely away) with minimal soap and lots of water. That's the key to keeping the stink away.